Ikegai's turbine processing machine technolog
(Leading technology in the area of environment and energy)
RNC160x18000mm Large-scale turbine rotor lathe
- This is a one of largest-class turbine rotors and finishing process lathe that composes of 2 pieces of stiff separate-type horizontal 2-way beds.
- Work bed supports work with a headstock with the large diameter chuck, a static pressure swing stopper and a tailstock.
- As for saddle bed, single stay tool rest is mounted on a carriage.
- Original design structure
Headstock bearings adopt φ800mm super-precision class double-row cylinder roller bearings. A main axis with a larger diameter along with this guarantees high rigidity and rotation accuracy.
Screws with machine power enforcement function of 400kN of tightening power are embedded in a φ2500mm faceplate. It employs a four-nail single-movement method that strongly tightens a rotor.
- Taistock has a strong structure with a vertical movement adjustment function.
- The movement of carriage adopts an original double-rack pinion method, and the pinion is driven with the most appropriate pre-load function. Backlash is minimized and highly accurate positioning is insured with smooth feeding and scale feedback.
- Follow rest for both static pressure and dynamic pressure adopts a stress-free structure with swivel mechanism that follows the distortion of the rotor. Maximum allowable gross weight is 130 tons per equipment.
- On a carriage, a central control panel with LCD is attached to enable any operations.
|Maximum carriage swing||φ2800mm|
|Maximum allowable gross weight between centers
(between chuck and center)
|Maximum load weight
(Multiple follow rest support)
|Tool rest travel distance X||800mm|
|Carriage travel distance Z||18000mm|
|Main axis rotation speed||0.3 - 130min-1|
|Main axis maximum rotation power||170kNm|
|Maximum cutting power||100kN|
|Approximate floor space required||6000x28,250mm|
Large-scale turbine rotor processing lathe
The photo is a turbine rotor used for power generation.
External size of a large-scale turbine with blade attached easily exceeds 3 meters and 200 tons. This huge turbine rotor is rotated with steam and used in turbines for thermal power plants and nuclear plants. It is one of main parts for a large-capacity power generation facility.
Since it rotates with high speed, the finishing accuracy is micron (1/1000mm) unit-level. High processing technology that tolerates no failure is required.
Ikegai has been manufacturing special lathes for large-scale turbine rotors for many years accumulating abundant knowhow. Hereafter, we will keep contributing for the prevention of global warming with our highly efficient turbine rotor processing technology.